Bringing Values To Life
It’s been a pleasure sharing our bringing values to life series. I am hopeful that you not only learned the value and ROI of utilizing fun to live your values but also how easy it can be. So where do we go from here?
Commitment, Persistence, and Practice Your Corporate Values
It takes commitment, practice, and persistence like anything else worth pursuing. Here are some corporate value tips for getting started:
- Start small in a department where a leader embraces and is known for fun.
- Find this group’s “shared experience.” Poll them on the top 10 things they think are fun and rank their responses.
- Build simple brief activities (live or virtual) around those themes (5–30 minutes.) Remember to apply the Laws of Fun in our previous video.
- Leadership Buy-In
- Brief is better and On Company Time
- Consistency is the key
- All-Inclusive and Non Threatening
- Pre and Post Game
- Ask employees to volunteer and rotate responsibility for creating the activities so that it does not become a burden to any one person. You will be surprised how creative people are given the opportunity.
- Share pictures, videos, winners….
- Rinse and Repeat!
Cheers to more fun and happiness ahead for you and your associates!
Not adding value is the same as taking it away.
– Seth Godin