Georgetown- Delaware State Police arrested 19-year-old Guy J. Burton of Millsboro on drug charges following a traffic stop.
On September 10, 2020, at approximately 3:25 p.m., Delaware State Police observed the operator of a white Dodge van not wearing his seatbelt and failed to stop at a red light. A traffic stop was conducted on the vehicle, and located in plain view was marijuana on the floorboard. The vehicle operator, later identified as Burton, exited the van without incident and was detained.
A search of the vehicle was conducted, and located inside was the following items:
- 1,139 doses of ecstasy
- 598 bags of Heroin (approximately 4.186 grams)
- Approximately 1.91 grams of marijuana
- Approximately 0.02 grams of crack
- Drug paraphernalia
Burton was transported to Troop 4, where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Tier 3- felony)
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Tier 2- felony)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Marijuana (civil violation)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (3 counts)
- Driving While Suspended
- Failure to Have Insurance
- Driver Must Wear Properly Adjusted and Fastened Seatbelt (civil violation)
- Failure to Stop at a Red Light
Burton was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court #2 and released on a $13,150.00 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Heather Pepper
Released: 091120 1248
The post Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest of Millsboro Man on Felony Drug Charges- Georgetown appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.