Seaford – Delaware State Police concluded a 6 month long investigation on September 8, 2020, that resulted in the arrest of 37-year-old Adan Montalvo-Cruz of Seaford on multiple drug and weapon charges.
Through investigative measures, it was discovered Montalvo-Cruz was utilizing the mail to have cocaine shipped from Puerto Rico to the Delaware area. At the conclusion of the investigation, Montalvo-Cruz had a package delivery scheduled to arrive at his residence. Surveillance was established on the residence prior to the package being delivered and Montalvo-Cruz was observed standing in the front door of the residence. Shortly after the package was delivered, Montalvo-Cruz exited the front door and carried the package into the residence. A search warrant was executed on the residence and Montalvo-Cruz was taken into custody without incident. Also in the residence at the time was an adult female and young child.
During a search of the residence, the following items were located and seized:
- Approximately 1122.11 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 1.59 grams of marijuana
- $5,309.00 in suspected drug proceeds
- 1-9mm Glock with extended magazines
- 1-Keltech 12 gauge shotgun
- 163 rounds of assorted ammunition (9mm, .45 cal, and 12 gauge)
- Assorted drug paraphernalia
Montalvo-Cruz was transported to Troop 4 where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Cocaine (Tier 3- felony)
- Possession of Firearm by Person Prohibited (felony)
- Possession of Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony (2 counts- felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Possession of Marijuana
Montalvo-Cruz was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court#2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $78,502.00 secure bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Heather Pepper
Released: 091020 1115