Lewes- Delaware State Police have arrested 27-year-old Miles K. Sherman of Millsboro for drug and traffic charges following pursuit.
On August 27,2020 at approximately 5:00 p.m., Delaware State Police attempted to conduct a traffic stop on Sherman for following a motor vehicle too closely on Camp Arrowhead Road, Lewes. Sherman failed to stop for the fully marked patrol vehicle and continued traveling on Camp Arrowhead Road before coming to a stop on the shoulder. Sherman and a 33-year-old male passenger were detained without incident. An investigation ensued and located in Sherman’s vehicle was the following:
- Approximately .819 grams of heroin
- Drug paraphernalia
- Approximately 23 amphetamine and dextramphetamine prescription pills
- Approximately 3.92 grams of marijuana
Sherman was also in possession of approximately $1130 dollars in suspected drug proceeds.
Sherman was taken into custody and transported to Troop 7 where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (2 counts-felony)
- Disregard Police Officer Signal (felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Marijuana (civil violation)
- Unsafe Passing on Left
- Following a Motor Vehicle too Closely
Sherman was arraigned in Justice of the Peace Court #2 and released on $7,700.00 unsecured bond.
The passenger was not charged.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Senior Corporal Heather Pepper
Released: 082820 0925
The post Millsboro Man Arrested for Drug Charges Following Pursuit- Lewes appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.