Magnolia, DE– Over the course of the past two nights, the Delaware State Police have investigated a series of thefts of property from vehicles parked in neighborhoods in the Magnolia area.
The Delaware State Police would like to remind everyone these safety tips to help you avoid becoming a victim.
- Keep the doors of your vehicles locked at all times and windows shut.
- Do not leave items of value in your vehicle. This includes purses, wallets, credit cards, electronics, checkbooks, money, SS card, loose change, documents and paperwork with your personal information listed.
- Store valuable tools inside your residence. If needed daily for work, create an easy system to load and unload, such as using storage containers to transport.
- Lock your glove box, which should only store your registration and insurance cards. Do not store your vehicle title in the glove box. Store it in a safe place in your residence.
- Do not leave items that have a perceived value, such as a laptop case with no laptop.
- Clear the vehicle of all clutter and personal items. This can give the general impression that other property of value may be within the vehicle.
- Do not keep a spare vehicle key hidden in the same vehicle. Do not store or house keys or other keys in your vehicle.
- If possible, keep your vehicle parked under a lighted area that you can check on from your residence.
- If you have a surveillance security system, include your vehicles in the angle of your camera. If you locate a suspicious subject on your property, in the area of your vehicles, do not confront them, call 911 immediately.
And finally, be a good witness for your neighbors and fellow citizens, as you would want them to do the same for you. Pay attention and be aware of what is going on in your neighborhood and community.
If you See Something-Say Something, by reporting all suspicious activity to your local law enforcement agency, call 9-1-1.
Information may also be provided by calling Delaware crime stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or via the internet at http://www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Senior Corporal Heather Pepper
The post Delaware State Police Offer Safety Tips After Multiple Thefts from Vehicles- Magnolia appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.