Lewes– The Delaware State Police have arrested 21-year-old Jordan E. Dixon of Felton on weapon and multiple traffic charges.
On Sunday, August 2, 2020, at approximately 2:08 p.m., a Trooper on routine patrol traveling north bound on Coastal Highway (SR 1) south of Dartmouth Drive, Lewes, observed a 1999 Tan Buick Century traveling on the roadway. A computer check revealed the vehicle did not have any insurance and the vehicle registration was suspended as a result. The Trooper attempted to conduct a traffic stop on the vehicle by activating its emergency equipment but the vehicle continued traveling and failed to stop. The operator of the vehicle, later identified as Dixon, committed multiple traffic violations as he failed to stop for the Trooper. Once the vehicle began traveling southbound on School Lane, Lewes, the Trooper observed the operator throw an unknown object from the operator’s side window of the vehicle before coming to a sudden stop. The operator exited the vehicle and was taken into custody without incident. Discovered during a search of the area where the object was seen thrown out the window, was a Taurus 9mm handgun with a loaded magazine discovered near the firearm. A computer check revealed Dixon was convicted of a violent felony previously and is a person prohibited from possessing a firearm.
Dixon was transported to Troop 7 where he was charged with the following crimes:
- Possession Of A Firearm During The Commission Of A Felony (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Previously Convicted of a Violent Felony (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (Felony)
- Tampering with Physical Evidence (Felony)
- Disregarding a Police Officers Signal (Felony)
- Reckless Driving
- Aggressive Driving
- Failure to Have Required Insurance
- Driving Without a Valid License
- Cancelled Tag
- Failure to Surrender Suspended Tag
- Driving Vehicle at Unreasonable Speed
- Failure to Signal (3 counts)
- Improper Lane Change (3 counts)
- Overtaking a Vehicle on the Left (4 counts)
- Failure to Drive in Proper Lane
- Overtaking a vehicle on the Right (2 counts)
- Failure to Stop at Stop Sign
Dixon was arraigned in the Justice of the Peace Court #3 and committed to Howard R Young Correctional Institution on an $84,000.00 cash bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Senior Corporal Heather Pepper
Released: 080320 1410
The post Delaware State Police Arrest Felton Man on Weapon and Multiple Traffic Charges- Lewes appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.