Felton- The Delaware State Police arrested 63-year-old TERRY L. BROOKS of Dover, DE, with 9th offense DUI after he was involved in a single motor vehicle crash.
The incident occurred on July 19, 2020, at approximately 8:39 p.m., when Troopers were dispatched to the 3000 block of Mid State Road, Felton, for a report of a hit and run crash. A witness reported that a gold 2003 GMC Envoy traveling westbound on Mid State Road west of Robbins Road, had exited the roadway and struck a standing tree. After impact, he vehicle continued in a westerly direction and struck a landscape trailer that was parked on the property. The operator continued to drive through a corn field. Upon arrival to the area, the Trooper located the vehicle, disabled in the corn field and still running. Contact was made with the operator, Terry L. Brooks, who remained at the scene. An odor of alcohol was detected and a DUI investigation ensued.
A computer inquiry revealed that Brooks’ driver’s license was suspended and he had been arrested for 8 prior DUI offenses. Brooks was taken into custody without further incident and transported back to Troop 3 where he was charged with the following:
- 9th Offense after 8 prior offenses – Driving a Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol (Felony)
- Leaving the Scene of Property Collision Accident
- Driving While Suspended or Revoked
- Malicious Mischief By a Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Provide Information At Collision Scene Resulting in Property Damage
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Failure to Have Registration Card in Possession
- EXPIRED TAGS
- Failed to remain within a single lane
- Failure to Report a Collision Involving Alcohol or Drugs
Brooks was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to the Howard R .Young Correctional Institution on $7009.00 secured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe
Released: 072020 1001
The post Troopers Arrest Dover Man for 9th Offense DUI After Crash-Felton appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.