Millsboro- The Delaware State Police arrested 31-year-old DIONNE D. THOMAS of Millsboro, DE, after a traffic stop led to the discovery of drugs and a weapon.
The incident occurred on July 11, 2020, at approximately 2:08 p.m., when a Trooper observed a green 2009 Toyota Camry traveling northbound on Bethesda Road south of Meadow Lane with it’s left front headlamp completely broken and inoperable. A traffic stop was initiated and contact was made with the driver, Dionne Thomas, when an odor of marijuana was detected.
A subsequent search of the vehicle led to the discovery of the following:
- Approximately 56.37 grams of marijuana
- 364 bags of heroin (approximately 2.548 grams)
- Smith and Wesson M&P45 loaded with 4 rounds and one in the chamber
- A box of .223 Remington AR-15 rounds
- Drug Paraphernalia
Thomas was taken into custody without incident and transported back to Troop 4 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon By Person Prohibited
- Possession With Intent To Deliver Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person Prohibited (2 counts)
- Possession With Intent To Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts)
- Failure to Have Two Head Lamps
Thomas was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $130700.00 cash only bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe
Released: 071220 0137
The post Traffic Stop Leads To Drug and Weapon Charges-Millsboro appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.