Dover- The Delaware State Police arrested 26-year-old Jahliek Johnson of Dover, DE, after a traffic stop led to the discovery of a weapon and drug paraphernalia.
The incident occurred on July 17, 2020, at approximately 5:08 p.m., when a Trooper observed a gray 2001 Nissan Sentra traveling on South DuPont Highway at the intersection of Walnut Shade Road with suspended registration. A traffic stop was initiated and contact was made with the driver, Jahliek Johnson, who was discovered to have an active warrant for Breach of Release. Upon taking Johnson into custody, he advised the Trooper he had a weapon and ammunition stored in a bag behind the driver seat.
A subsequent search of the vehicle led to the discovery of the following:
- Smith and Wesson .40 caliber loaded handgun with 3 rounds and one in the chamber
- (1) Box of American Eagle .40cal S&W 165 grain – 50 rounds
- (1) Box of Estate Buckshot 12 gauge – 20 rounds
- (1) Box of Winchester .350 legend 145 grain full metal jacket – 20 rounds
- 49 loose rounds of Federal Ammunition .40cal 180 grain
- 18 rounds of Winchester .350 legend 145 grain full metal jacket
- 12 rounds of Perfecta .40cal S&W
- Digital Scale
Johnsons was taken into custody without incident and transported back to Troop 3 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (felony)
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon (felony)
- Failure to Have Required Insurance
- Failure to Have Registration Card in Possession
- EXPIRED TAGS
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Johnson was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and was released on $7,800.00 unsecured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Corporal/1 Jason Hatchell
Released: 071820 2218
The post Traffic Stop Leads To Drug and Weapon Charges – Dover appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.