Laurel- The Delaware State Police arrested 55-year-old TROY S. ABNER of Laurel, DE, after a search warrant led to the discovery of drugs and multiple firearms.
On July 22, 2020, members of the Sussex Governor’s Task Force (GTF), Sussex Drug Task Force (DTF) and Sussex Probation and Parole executed a drug search warrant at Troy Abner’s residence located in the 6000 block of Abner Road, Laurel. Upon execution of the search warrant, the following was recovered:
- one 3’ tall potted marijuana plant,
- Approximately 3,739.70 grams of marijuana
- Drug paraphernalia
- (8) firearms and several pounds of various amounts of ammunition
Abner was not at home at the time of the search warrant and was later taken into custody on July 23, 2020, at his residence. Abner turned over two additional firearms at this time. Abner was transported back to Troop 4 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony (8 counts)
- Possession With Intent To Deliver a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Controlled Substance Tier 2 Quantity
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon By Person Prohibited Who Also Possesses Controlled Substance (3 counts)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia (2 counts)
Abner was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and released on $505400.00 unsecured bond.
You can follow the Delaware State Police by clicking on:
Delaware State Police Official Web Site
Please tell us how we’re doing via our Citizen Satisfaction Survey.
Presented by Public Information Officer, Master Corporal Melissa Jaffe
Released: 072720 1447
The post Search Warrant Leads to Drug and Weapon Charges-Laurel appeared first on Delaware State Police - State of Delaware.